I was just asked if the use of diacritics affects SEO. Diacritics are the symbols added to letter which change the way the letter sounds and the example given was “Façade” Vs Facade’ .
Google may well have not known the difference in the past but its seems that it does now thanks to the BERT update.
When searching for each version I see different results and the keyword planner tells us that search volumes are different:
I would treat them different and put the emphasis on the non-diacritic in this case as it has heaps more search volume . This makes sense; I don’t think most people will know or want to try and type the symbol.
- How to get your business to the top of the Google Maps search results | 5 Minute SEO [VIDEO] December 18, 2020
- Is a Mega Menu Bad for SEO? June 29, 2020
- Local SEO – Why This Is More Important Than Ever May 16, 2020
- The TWO Reasons Why SEO Is Important - SEO Made Easy with Ashley Bryan [SHORT EPISODE] March 16, 2021
- The Importance Of Link Building For SEO February 1, 2021