I was just asked if the use of diacritics affects SEO. Diacritics are the symbols added to letter which change the way the letter sounds and the example given was “Façade” Vs Facade’ .
Google may well have not known the difference in the past but its seems that it does now thanks to the BERT update.
When searching for each version I see different results and the keyword planner tells us that search volumes are different:
I would treat them different and put the emphasis on the non-diacritic in this case as it has heaps more search volume . This makes sense; I don’t think most people will know or want to try and type the symbol.
- [VIDEO] Google My Business Allows You To Add “Delivery Available” or “Takeaway Available” to Your GMB Name March 25, 2020
- [VIDEO] GMB now allows you to mark your business as temporarily closed in response to the coronavirus crisis March 25, 2020
- Does The Use Of Diacritics Affect SEO? February 17, 2020
- Can I have a Featured Snippet and a Normal Result on page #1 of the Search Results for the same URL? January 28, 2020
- Is There Any SEO Value In Making an Exact Match Domain Mirror Site and 301 Redirecting It To My Main Site? October 23, 2019